Monday, May 09, 2005

PAY AS YOU GO REPRODUCTION

I had a idea a few months ago.Everyone is justifiably worried about social security. I think there should be a user tax or fee involved for bringing a child in to our society.I think it should be set at about 10,000 dollars and the funds collected should be used to set up private accounts for the children at birth.The government could finance this through diverted tax refunds from our less wealthy citizens.The rich would just have to pay up front while the government would set up the account for the less wealthy.The funds paid initially by the government would have to be paid back with a low interest rate from diverted tax refunds ,inheritances, etc. The private accounts could even be financed through government bonds.If the private accounts set up at birth for every citizen averaged say 9 % growth through combined dividends and capital gains every citizen would have 2,560,000 saved at age 60. JUST an idea.......Isn't compound interest amazing? ;-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Strohmann said...

I like this. The bloodsucking classes and mongrels would be pressured into having less children. I think we'd see this country start to "shade" back in the right direction. ;)

10:58 PM  
Anonymous bog said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:03 PM  
Anonymous bog said...

I look at everyone as individuals.Everybody bleeds the same color.My idea would force many irresponsible US citizens to make different reproductive choices.I think it would also save the government a tremendous amount of money .Children need responsible parents that support their needs.

5:04 PM  
Blogger marissa said...

Great work on your blog - it was very enlightening. You've got a lot of useful info on there about tax refunds so I've bookmarked your site so I don't lose it. I'm doing a lot of research on tax refunds exposed and have just started a new blog - I'd really appreciate your comments

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home